Wednesday 23 February 2011

Movie Editing

  Today we began editing our movies. We used a website called Zamzar to convert the movie files into the appropriate format so we could put them on Windows Movie MakerZamzar was quite complicated to use and very time consuming therefore I do not think I would use it with the children. Zamzar also corrupted all our files so in the end we had to find another software to convert the files. This whole process wasted a lot of valuable editing time so I definitely would not use it with children.


  We used  Windows Movie Maker to edit our movies. Sharon briefly showed us how to use the software which helped us identify all the different things we could use to produce better movies. Although it is quite easy to use if I was doing a lesson on movie editing, I would give the children a quick demonstration on how to use it. Windows Movie Maker is really effective because we could add music, sounds, transitions between different scenes and we could edit scenes by cutting off sections that were not right.


  In my group, we all worked together on the editing process ensuring we each had a turn at each part of the process. This resulted in me fully understanding how to use the software and I now feel more confident to use this in a lesson with a class. Although if I was carrying out this lesson with a class, I think I would allocate the children with specific roles within their groups to ensure they all know what they are doing and to stop disagreements. If this works, I would let them choose their roles the next time. We all worked well together therefore it made the process a lot easier because there were no disagreements. As a result of this I would ensure that children were in appropriate groups in relation to who works well together and who does not.


  I would always tell the children to save their work because they would feel very downhearted if for some reason the computers crashed and they lost all of their work. I would also ensure they backed their work up onto a couple of pen drives in case they loose one.


  The editing process required a lot of patience and effort but the end result was definitely worth it! This task will motivate the children and they will feel a great sense of pride once they see their final film. This will promote their self-esteem and possibly their future interests in ICT.

No comments:

Post a Comment